Setting Up Video Conferencing (Zoom)
Click4Time has integrated Zoom to seamlessly enable secure video conferencing meetings. When you connect your Zoom account to Click4Time, Zoom Meetings are automatically scheduled for you and your client when a Video Conference service is booked within Click4Time.
Tip It’s important to check in with your college or regulatory body to confirm any restrictions on the use of Video Conferencing (Telehealth) services.
These instructions will help you:
Link your Zoom account
- Each Service Provider must have their own Zoom account to link to Click4Time. If you need to open a Zoom account you can do so here.
- Before you can create a Video Conference Service, at least 1 Service Provider profile must be linked to Zoom.
To link your Zoom account to your Service Provider profile, go to Settings > Service Providers, open your profile. In the “Video Conferencing” section, select the “Connect Zoom” button, authorize Click4Time to create and manage Zoom Meetings in your Zoom account.
Now that Zoom and Click4Time are connected, when a Video Conference service is booked, moved or cancelled within Click4Time, a corresponding Zoom Meeting is automatically created. This session link is added to the email sent to remind the client of the upcoming meeting sent 1 hour prior and in the appointment details in your admin calendar.
Go to https://zoom.us/profile/setting then under Meeting in the top menu, scroll to the option for Embed passcode in invite link and make sure that is active (dark blue).
Review the wording of the Consent Statement in Settings > Video Conferencing. This statement will be displayed to clients just prior to initiating the session. Clients must agree in order for the video conference to start. Note: You must have Owner or Admin permissions to adjust this wording.
If you need to add to the statement, we suggest adding to the default statement since it highlights important basic considerations that should always be disclosed.
Create Video Conferencing Services
Once there is at least 1 Service Provider with a linked Zoom account, there will be a new option to create Video Conferencing services. Note: You must have Owner or Admin permissions to create services.
Go to Settings > Services, then select the “Add a Service” button and choose “Video Conferencing Service”. The process is the same for creating In-Person or Video services.
Complete the service setup wizard including:
- Service Name
- Public or Private (Public services are bookable online by clients. Private services are only bookable from your internal business calendar.
- Assign the service to the appropriate Service Providers (Who offers this service?)
- Set the appointment Duration and Cleanup Time (Cleanup adds time after a booking to prepare for the next appointment).
- Set a Service Fee, Taxes and Pre-Payment considerations (In order to process online pre-payments, you will need to connect your Stripe account in the Finance > Settings
Video services are distinguished by a camera icon in the Services list, Booking Calendar, Invoices/Receipts and the client My Appointments page.
Review Email Template Wording
There are 2 email notification templates specific to Video Conference services. You can review the wording and adjust it as needed. Note: These emails are only added to your business account once video conferencing is activated by linking a Zoom account to Click4Time.
Go to Settings > Notifications > Email Templates, were you will find the following templates:
- Video Conference Appointment Confirmed – Sent to the client when a video service is booked. Note: No Zoom link is included in this email, the link is only added to the “Video Conference Appointment Starting Soon” email.
- Video Conference Appointment Starting Soon – Sent to the client 1 hour prior to the start of the video session. Note: This email is in addition to your general reminder email that is sent at the frequency set in the Appointment Reminders section of the Client Notifications.
Book a Video Conferencing Appointment
From your company calendar, select a time slot to create an appointment.
Select or create a client profile. Note: A client email address is required to book a Video Conference session. When adding a new client, we will automatically create an online profile where the client can access their appointments and join the video conference.
Choose the Video service and the Service Provider. Then Save the booking.
Your client will receive a Video Conference Confirmation email.
Note: The Zoom Meeting is only created when you or the client first connect to the session. This means you will not find a corresponding Zoom Meeting schedule listed in your Zoom account when a session is booked.
Start the Video Session
Tip: We recommend using a laptop or desktop browser (Chrome or Firefox preferable) for the best experience, especially if you intend to work with eCharting or other application while video conferencing. The wider display will allow for you to split your screen, half for the video and half for note taking.
The video session will become active 30 minutes prior the appointment start time, allowing you to open the conferencing connection. This 30 minute window applies to the client and the service provider. Prior to the 30 minute activation window, the Start button will be inactive.
When starting the session, the video window will open in a new browser tab, then you will be asked to open or install Zoom.
Learn More about Using Zoom
You can watch helpful Zoom training videos here.